Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Chicago, IL
Associates Degree in Culinary Arts August 2009 – June 2011
Executive Chef’s List Honor Roll 3.70 GPA (4.00 scale = A)
Wilbur Wright College Chicago,IL
Certified in Phlebotomy and EKG September 2001
Sunrise Senior Living Arlington Heights, IL
COOK I July 2011- Currently Employed
- Prepare and organize all foods according to recipe book, following Sunrise standards for food preparation, thawing, sanitation, and cleanliness.
- Supervise food production, preparation, and presentation to meet Sunrise hospitality and service standards; assist with conducting taste panels.
- Prepare all special dietary needs as directed by health care requirements.
- Monitor for over production and recommend utilization of leftovers.
- Inspect food production areas, routinely, to ensure that all food production areas meet or exceed Sunrise sanitation and facilities management standards; properly maintain all food production equipment.
- Maintain proper documentation for food production records and charts are required by regulations and community and division policy.
- Practice and observe all safety rules and regulations and encourage team members to do so.
- Assist supervisor in controlling food costs to meet community and division budgetary guidelines.
- Prepare correct portioning and plate presentation of all menu items.
Illot Suites and Spa Cala Ratjada, Mallorca, Spain
EXTERNSHIP – SOUS CHEF March 2011 – June 2011
- Prepare complete meals for hotel guests, such as proteins, vegetables, starches, pastries and desserts.
- Ensure food is held at the correct temperatures according to ServSafe management.
- Assist the executive chef of all kitchen duties and tasks
- Refill food and dessert platters as needed.
- Clean and sanitize all kitchen equipment, tools, and workspace.
- Communicate and greet the restaurant guests in different languages while working the action/grilling station.
- Promote positive work ethic and teamwork toward hotel staff and guests.
- Menu planning with the executive chef and the hotel management.
Ruby Tuesday Schaumburg,IL
SHIFT LEADER/BARTENDER/SERVER April 2006 – December 2008
- Mix drinks for the bar and restaurant patrons ensuring that none were over served to eliminate potential DUI’s.
- Sanitize silverware, glassware, and bar utensils per health department standards.
- Monitor/manage inventory which includes restocking fruits, juices, beer, wine, liquor, and supplies.
- Take customer orders and verified each for accuracy in addition to expediting food orders to ensure proper serving temperatures were maintained resulting in enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Close out drawers, compiled detailed daily server reports, check out servers, and deposit receipts into the bank.
Crestline Hotels and Resorts, Inc. Chicago,IL
ROOM SERVICE/SERVER September 1999 – March 2004
- Prepare and disassemble breakfast buffet line.
- Sanitize silverware, glassware, and table décor per health department standards.
- Greet and seat guests promptly and advise them of potential wait times resulting in enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Provide prompt room service to ensure proper serving temperatures were maintained.
Robert A. Hozman, M.D., S.C. Skokie, IL
ADMINISTRATIVE/MEDICAL ASSISTANT June 2000 – June 2011
- Provide prompt and efficient administrative tasks-such as scheduling, patient inquiry, insurance verification, referrals, precertification, medical records, pharmacies, message triage, and billing
- Greet and escort patients to rooms promoting a warm and friendly environment
- Assist physician with injections, vitals, EKG, and phlebotomy
- Work as a team player, preparing exam rooms, replenishing supplies, and assisting staff
- Train new staff members in proper administrative and medical procedures
- Purchasing and ordering of office supplies and medical supplies
- ServSafe Certificate of Completion
- Cost Control and Purchasing Certificate
- Managerial and Entrepreneurship Certificate of Completion